Thursday, March 31, 2011

Planning, Laundry, Crepes... Just and Average Week at MUDEC


Following my weekend in Munich we had some difficult deciding on where we wanted to go the following weekend. After Dachau I really wanted to go to Normandy – I felt that it was a necessary pilgrimage and a way to connect me to one of the most important and defining elements of modern history. Mom also suggested going to a castle on the western coast of France that she always wanted to go to. Unfortunately Western France is not as extensively connected by trains and it wasn’t really practical to make the journey in only a weekend. I will have to add Normandy and Mom’s Castle to my bucket list (its not really shrinking but is actually starting to grow).  On top of planning our weekend I also had to do laundry as it had been about weeks since I had last done it (some things never change).
Tuesday was the last day of Carnaval, which is also Mardi Gras. In celebration of “Fat Tuesday” and fully embracing European food Annie, Kat and I went into the city after class for crepes at the place we ate at in January. Its great to be an adult and decide, hey I’m young, I am in Europe and hell yes – I am going to have a chocolate crepe for dinner tonight. It was absolutely delicious!
The Ash Wednesday Mass that I attended with a bunch of other students from MUDEC was very enjoyable… I got the jist of what the priest was talking about in French (It was especially challenging as he was mixing in German and Luxembourgish) although I still prefer Father Greg’s homilies.

No comments:

Post a Comment