Friday, February 25, 2011

Carnival Break

I did it... I finally managed to catch up with all my blog posts... sorry I started to have to cut out details otherwise I would be blogging for months after I get home in May!!! I am however keeping an incredibly detailed journal and have seeral thousands pictures and will be more than thrilled to share anything in greater detail with you!!!!!

I am currently on the last portion of my Carnaval break trip (and no mom I didn’t spell this wrong that’s how they spell it in Europe). I will update the blog on the entire trip when I get back to Luxembourg, however I figured that I would give you a little teaser of what we have/ are doing so you are excited for the full blog post next week!!!!

I am traveling with 3 other friends: Megan, Caroline and Annie. We took an overnight train last Friday night February 18 to Nice, France. We were able to see their incredible carnaval celebration and take a day trip up to Eze Village.

Sunday we traveled by train down to Barcelona Spain, toured all day Monday and a large portion of Tuesday then took the worlds nicest train from Barcelona to Madrid on Tuesday evening. Toured Madrid all day Wednesday. Flew from Madrid to Lisbon Portugal today (Thursday) will be touring Lisbon all day tomorrow and Saturday morning, then flying back to Madrid Saturday afternoon and will then be flying home to Luxembourg Sunday evening.

The weather has been absolutely amazing, I have fallen in love with the culture and food and can’t wait to share will all of you in greater detail my adventures and experiences.

I am absolutely having the time of my life, and am thankful every day for this incredible opportunity and life experience.
Love you,
Katie

PS I have updated blog entries back through Rome (February 1) to include the 2nd part of my Italy trip, Switzerland, a week at school a story about one of my professors and a carnaval teaser! You may need to push "older posts" on the bottom left-hand side of the page to navigate to some of the posts. Enjoy everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment